ABOUT THE LAW FIRM
The main objective of the law firm is to provide professional legal services tailored to the specific needs of each client.
The law firm AKMG, s.r.o, was founded in 2007 by JUDr. Matúš Gémeš. In 2013, JUDr. Martina Filipová, attorney at law, joined the firm to build upon the existing experience and tradition in the provision of legal services. At present, our team is composed of highly qualified, forward thinking attorneys, trainee attorneys, and external partners, who provide professional legal services to a wide range of domestic and international clients.
Our main goal is to provide services specifically suited to the individual needs of our clients within the limits of the existing legal framework. We believe that we can be a leader in the provision of elite legal services to our clients only through the continual refinement and enhancement of our expertise and specialised focus on specific domains of law. Therefore, we base our services on loyal, confidential, and highly professional care of our clients, with which we have been entrusted.
The law firm AKMG provides legal services in all major domains of law of the Slovak Republic. The services can be provided in Slovak, English and German. In recent years, we have been focusing in particular on the European law and the questions related to eligibility or non-eligibility for state aid, as well as on advisory services to managing bodies in the provision of funding from European Union funds.
We also work in the domains of corporate law, foundation and trust law, international tax, financial law and law on financial derivatives, as well as recovery of receivables.
We also focus on providing legal consultancy in mergers and acquisitions, including a specific focus on the legal issues of investment law, private wealth structures, alternative investment funds, and management of their assets. In providing these services, we cooperate with several renowned international law firms, auditing and consulting companies as well as fund and asset management companies. Our law firm also provides „pro bono“ legal services in the territory of the Slovak Republic as its workload allows.
- Legal advisory services in the domain of commercial law, including drafting of legal analyses, contracts, statements, applications, calls or other documents evidencing legal acts required by the clients;
- Legal advisory services in the domain of transformation of commercial companies, mergers and acquisitions of companies, including M&As with an international element;
- The law firm also has experience in the provision of a whole range of other legal services in various economic sectors of services and industry;
- Legal advisory services in the domain of corporate law, comprising a full legal service covering the establishment, foundation, changes and winding-up of commercial companies, including the routine legal agenda associated with the companies’ business;
- Legal representation of clients in proceedings before general courts, arbitration courts and the Constitutional Court of the Slovak Republic, and representation of clients in out-of-court dispute settlements;
- Legal consultancy on investments in the establishment and management of private and family wealth structures;
- Legal services in Due Diligence;
- Legal representation of creditors in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings;
- Recovery of receivables.
- Legal advisory services in the domain of civil law, including drafting of legal analyses, contracts (purchase contracts, lease agreements, deeds of donation, pledge agreements), statements, applications, calls or other documents evidencing legal acts required by the clients;
- Legal advisory services in the domain of real estates and development – purchase and sale of real estates, drafting of documents evidencing legal acts in the matters of the real estate cadastre, legal services associated with obtaining of urban planning decisions, building permits, or, as the case may be, any other decisions, permits and opinions associated with urban planning, building and building approval proceedings at the competent building authorities;
- Legal advisory services in the matters of receivables assignment and mutual offsetting of claims;
- Legal representation of clients in proceedings before general courts, arbitration courts and the Constitutional Court of the Slovak Republic, and representation of clients in out-of-court dispute settlements.
Banking and Finance Law
- Legal services and consultancy in regulated areas of the finance sector with a focus on the operations of foreign security dealers and hedge funds;
- Legal consultancy in the establishment and management of various types of alternative investment funds;
- Legal consultancy in trading in capital and financial markets as well as in asset management within private wealth structures;
- Consulting and advisory services in the domain of compliance and automatic exchange of information;
- Legal consultancy in the domain of law governing securities – shares, bonds, bills of exchange and cheques; ensuring of payments due from the securities, legal representation in securities disputes.
- Legal representation of clients before tax administration authorities;
- Legal representation of clients in proceedings ensuing from administrative actions against decisions of tax authorities before the competent courts in Slovakia;
- Legal advisory services in the issues of interpretation and application of double-taxation treaties in tax planning of transnational transactions.
- Legal representation of clients in proceedings before various government authorities;
- Legal representation of clients in proceedings pursuant to the court rules of administrative procedure.
- Comprehensive legal advisory services in the assessment of state aid by public authorities, especially with regard to European Union law, legal acts of the European Commission, case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union, as well as in connection with national law of the Slovak Republic;
- Legal consultancy in connection with ensuring the notification process with regard to planned granting of state aid.
- Legal consultancy in connection with ensuring the public procurement process for contracting authorities/procuring entities, especially with regard to selecting an appropriate public procurement procedure;
- Drafting of contract documents as an outcome of the public procurement process;
- Legal advisory services and consultations in relation to drafting of bids for public tenders;
- Legal assistance in lodging legal remedies in the public procurement process.
974 01 Banská Bystrica
811 02 Staré Mesto, Bratislava